Spoon Carving Workshop
Join Vic Phillips of SingleMaltTeapot as he takes you through the essential tools and techniques needed to carve your first spoon. You’ll head away with the skills to use Sloyd and Crook woodcraft knives for a variety of wood carving projects as well as a wonderful lime wood kitchen spoon.
During the workshop we’ll cover:
- Safely using woodcraft cutting techniques.
- How to approach carving wood using Sloyd and Crook knives.
- Applying a beautiful, long lasting finish to your spoon.
- Sourcing new materials and how different woods behave when carved.
- The tools to keep carving at home and how best to care for them